Merge Games and Antab Studio are less than two weeks away from the highly-anticipated release of their narrative-driven action-adventure, Foreclosed. Landing on all digital stores (Steam, Nintendo eShop, Xbox Store, Stadia, Epic Games Store, and PlayStation Store) on August 12th, Foreclosed will have something special in store for players on the PlayStation 5 console. Antab Studio is planning on taking full advantage of the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback to make the game more immersive than ever.
- Haptics & Adaptive Triggers – Truly in theme with the futuristic cyberpunk setting of the game, players will be able to sense the unique properties of the Symbiotic Pistol’s various mods as the haptics and adaptive triggers will deliver different feedback and resistances depending on the modifications equipped. Wielding the game’s Symbiotic Pistol, players will feel subtle differences in feedback from one weapon skill to the next through the controller. From the simulated kickback of an explosive round to the air displacement of rounds leaving the pistol to haptic feedbacks all throughout the environment, players will be pulled into the experience like never before.
- DualSense Speaker – In-game, Evan will receive calls from one ally in his battle to liberate his identity from foreclosure. These private communications will be delivered through the DualSense controller’s speaker to give these dialogues a true ‘in world’ feel.
- DualSense Controller Lights – A key system at play in FORECLOSED are Evan’s experimental implants. Enabling him to unleash a range of special abilities, and linking directly to his weapon enabling several different weapon power-ups, the implants run the risk of overheating if relied upon for too long. If players allow this to happen, Evan is completely vulnerable for a brief period whilst the implants cool down. To help visualize this, the light on the DualSense controller will indicate the heat level of Evan’s implants, giving players a constant visual to keep them in the moment during a fight. Will you play it safe, or push your limits?
Taking inspiration from titles such as the Deux Ex and Max Payne series, and Frank Miller’s graphic novel, Hard Boiled, Foreclosed is a striking display of narrative-driven action where the player takes control of brain implant abilities, hi-tech weaponry, and a diverse skill tree system all encompassed alongside a striking cyberpunk-graphic novel aesthetic.
Foreclosed utilizes a compelling combination of the interactivity of video games with the visual aesthetic of comic books, alongside diverse, hi-tech combat! Cutscenes are interactive and transition smoothly to and from alternative gameplay styles to allow the player to truly feel like a comic book hero. Keep an eye out on Merge‘s Facebook and the Merge Discord to keep up on all of the latest about the world of Foreclosed.
Some key features of Foreclosed include the following:
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – Foreclosed is a narrative-driven action-adventure set in a Cyberpunk world filled with action, suspense, and experimental augmentations.
- Interactive Comic Book – Everything from gameplay to cinematics are experienced within the stylistic framework of a graphic novel to make you truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Immersive Narrative – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently Foreclosed, stripped of his job, brain implants and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
- Hi-tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customisations that can be swapped out or even combined.
- Augmentation Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system