Bloober Team and Lionsgate are thrilled to announce that their thrilling horror experience, Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition, is officially available on the Oculus Rift! This fully upgraded VR horror experience is now available on the Oculus Store for $29.99.
Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition is a story-driven psychological horror game from the creative minds behind the critically acclaimed Layers of Fear. Experience first-hand the toll that fear can take on the mind in an original story inspired by the cinematic lore of Blair Witch, where these cursed woods will awaken your darkest fears.
The terror that lies in Black Hills Forest has been fully redesigned for an immersive and unique VR experience, including better models, improved lighting, further draw distance, a backpack, and improved AI for the fan-favorite man’s best friend, Bullet.
Some of the newly improved Dog commands for Bullet include the following:
- Pet Bullet to make sure he knows he’s a good boy
- Change up his look with a variety of new collars
- Give Bullet treats. In the VR edition, he’ll take them right from your hand
- Bullet can help you track scents through the forest, just give him an object to sniff
- Enjoy the company of your best buddy and shake his paw any time
And some of the following improvements have been made on the overall gameplay experience:
- Environments have been redesigned for more interactivity
- Objects to catch, throw, or stack on top of each other
- A marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at a touch
- Breaking branches
- Operation of mechanical elements: handles, buttons, opening locks with a key, padlock codes, etc…
- New control system
- New sounds and in-game events to surprise and scare the player.
- Additional creature encounters
Blair Witch is launching for PSVR later this Summer.