The day so many have been waiting for is finally arriving – Outbreak: Endless Nightmares, the next game in the infamous Outbreak series, will be available on Wednesday, May 19th! This next chapter will be releasing on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares will be taking full advantage of these next-gen consoles in order to present a new roguelike twist on the series’ trademark survival horror gameplay. To display the most polished Outbreak yet, this game will be running at 4K and up to 60fps on both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Some key features of Outbreak: Endless Nightmares includes:
- Something old, something new: Experience the Outbreak series’ signature classic survival action with the perfect mix of roguelike gameplay.
- Ever-expanding world: Explore a massive, semi-procedurally generated world that expands as the game progresses! Talk to NPCs, visit shops, etc.
- Three camera angles: Choose a view that works for you – fixed camera, over the shoulder – or first-person.
- Tactical camera/photo mode: Take beautiful pictures with the tactical camera or use photo mode to scan for anything dangerous nearby!
- Death isn’t the end: Death returns you to the Hub with most of your inventory intact – along with experience and money.
- Semi-procedurally generated dungeons: Revisit anomaly dungeons multiple times to find different traps, enemies, puzzles, challenges – and loot!
- Co-op gameplay: Fight the nightmare with a friend in two-player split-screen co-op.
- Character options: Choose from 6 unique characters – each with their own backstory, stats, and ability loadouts.
- Crafting: Dismantle, repair, and upgrade weapons; build ammo through gunpowder; and combine healing items to create new formulas and more!
- Multiple game modes: Choose from 5 gameplay modes – Standard, Ironman, Randomizer, Lost Hope, and Easy Mode.
- Uncover the story: Search through notes and logs to read more from Lydia’s journal and piece together the past and future of the outbreak.
- Late game content: Face a randomly-generated dungeon of extreme danger near the end of the game and try multiple New Game Plus modes after completing the story.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares will be released on multiple platforms on Wednesday, May 19 – for $19.99. Pre-orders are now available for Switch and Xbox.
Outbreak Complete Collection will also be available May 19 (PlayStation and Xbox only) for $79.99.