It’s that time of year folks. The subtle chill is in the air and the smell of fog is beginning to fill our nostrils. Yes, it is Halloween convention season! The mayhem continues with this weekends Scare LA help at the Pasadena Convention Center. Now in its fourth year, Scare LA is the original convention geared toward the haunt fans in Southern California. Executive Director Lora Ivanova took some time to chat with us about what to expect at this years iteration of the popular horror con and explains why it will be the best year yet.
To begin with, Elvira Mistress of the Dark. The fabulous hostess of Movie Macabre and star of two movies, is now the hostess of ScareLA. What’s more, her classic 80’s campfest, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, will be screening on Sunday, August 7th at 4:15pm. What’s more, this is the perfect opportunity to step up and take a picture with this voluptuous vixen of the vamp world.
According to Executive Producer of ScareLA, Lora Ivanova, the whole point of the event, “is to bring haunt creators and fans together.” Ivanova continued, “It’s also a place where haunt creators can meet, collaborate, and invite guests to see their creations.” Noting the creative atmosphere, Ivanova mentions the brand new experience being created by the one and only Brooke Walters. “We will have Blood Offering, Legend of the Iron Witch from Brooke Walters as our first original maze.” She continued, explaining that this is but a glimpse into the future of an ever growing halloween convention. Original experiences, collaborative environments, and above all, inclusion.
Yes, as the oddballs of society, we horror and Halloween fans tend to get a bad wrap. No, we aren’t all obsessed with death and degradation, although those are great. No, we face the dark. We embrace the unknown, the misunderstood and the rejected. “We are looking into donating a portion of the proceeds from the convention to anti-bullying charities.” Explained Ivanova. “We haven’t picked one just yet, but that is our intention.
Last years event was a smash hit, making it the biggest year ScareLA had ever seen. Will this top it?
The event will feature…
- 100,000+ sq. ft. of Halloween mayhem in the middle of the SoCal summer
- Curated collection of 200+ exhibitors showcasing scary goods, services & job opportunities
- Celebrity and expert panels on the haunt business, horror entertainment and more
- Sneak peaks and unveils of the top and most anticipated upcoming local haunts and theme parks
- Performances by local horror themed theatre companies and musicians
- Professional demos of makeup, set building, costume creation, animatronics
- Hands-on workshops taught by top industry professionals for all skill levels and ages
- Screening room to show over 75 original horror films, documentaries and shorts
- Mini-haunts, interactive experiences, games, roaming monsters, costume party and more!
ScareLA will run August 6 & 7th, at the Pasadena Convention Center! Book your tickets today.
Founded in 2013, ScareLA™ is the first convention dedicated to Halloween. Situated in the entertainment capital of the world, we celebrate the scare season traditions by giving Halloween an early start every summer.